Party like a princess...

So times are a changing here in the King household. Almost 2 teens live here, and soon to be a bunch of pre-teens to follow. :) Trying to...

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The lives of our children...

Sometimes I feel completely overwhelmed at the thought of having four children. I am too little for this...how in the world did I get to be thirty already? There is no way I am up for the task of being in charge of these...little people? The Lord has used some books and reading I have done to calm my spirit on many days. After coming off a very busy and exhausting weekend, I read this verse...
Pour out your heart like water
in the presence of the Lord.
Lift up your hands to him
for the lives of your children.
Lamentations 2:19
I cannot let my mind think of all that could go wrong in the lives of my children...or me, even...it is too draining and depressing to think about. So... I will be reminded of the necessity of falling to my knees in prayer for my precious little ones...in hopes of conquering all the wrong in this fallen world.

1 comment:

Heather Buckwalter said...

thanks for what you wrote. it encouraged me. i can so relate...i have similar thoughts on many a day!