Party like a princess...

So times are a changing here in the King household. Almost 2 teens live here, and soon to be a bunch of pre-teens to follow. :) Trying to...

Friday, July 15, 2016

a rehearsal dinner.

so one of my favorite things in life. for fun. is decorating.
and of lately. fresh flower arranging.

i suppose having 5 kids in 8 years 
[4 of those 5 kids were born in 5 1/2 years] :))
took up years of my life.
years which i LOVED, and sometimes wish i could go back too...
but alas...

now that they are growing up so quickly.
and require less "hands-on" of me...
i have more time to myself. 

or maybe i have learned that i need to make time for myself?
i am not sure?
probably a little bit of both.
i CAN say, it is much easier to make time for yourself, when the children
are old enough to watch themselves...
and do not require so much of me.

[being married to a farmer, means there is kinda no scheduling.
no predictability.
the "count on you watching the kids" never happened much
on a "scheduled" basis...when they were littles]

regardless. i am able to have more "me" time lately.
which is really. fun.

i guess i grew up watching my mom do both.
decorating and flower arranging.
and funny. now i like to do the same.

i had the fun priviledge of decorating 
The Beale Manor 
for a wedding reception a couple months ago.

basically, the mother of the groom told me i could do whatever i wanted.
that is the BEST kind of party to decorate for. :))

the bride's color's were: gray and yellow.
that's all i had. 

my lovely friend, Rhonda, stopped by to capture a few photo's.
Thanks girl.
they are perfect.






















2 comments:

Shelby said...

Love the colors Missy. Your comfort zone is decorating and making things beautiful friend.

Gronny Waston said...

Thanks for sharing this information on this rehearsal dinner. Couple of weeks ago, I arranged my niece’s bridal shower party and decorated venue with help of beautiful BloomThat Flower Delivery. Everyone liked these decorations a lot and we had great time there.