Party like a princess...

So times are a changing here in the King household. Almost 2 teens live here, and soon to be a bunch of pre-teens to follow. :) Trying to...

Friday, July 11, 2008

a good day.


so on my good days i try to remember how beautiful and precious carrying a child is, and on my bad days, well, I want to throw something at everyone who tells me how big i am (at 28 weeks). :)

so far, everytime i have tried to get kaden and kaycee to feel the baby move, the little peanut stops...until today. i had them talk to the baby today...you know, introduce themselves, tell the baby they can't WAIT to meet him or her, and let the baby know they love it. i then had kaden put his hand on my belly, and after a minute or so, the baby kicked. kaden's eyes got HUGE and he smiled BIG, and said, "mommy, i felt it move, i felt it move!" i smiled... i already had tears in my eyes. kaden looked at me again giggling and said, "i think the talking really helped." :)

thank you jesus for my precious family and using today to help me see how truly beautiful this experience really is...big or little...it shouldn't matter to me.

"for you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. i praise you because i am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, i know that full well." psalm 139:13,14.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww missy this is precious, it brought tears to my eyes as well.. such a sweet moment in time! :)

Angela Stoltzfus said...

your baby bump is absolutely precious!!!! as my dr. used to say when i was prego..."at least you have a reason for the belly, there are lots of people out there who are not pregnant--& weigh more than you do." so special that your kiddos felt the move!

CountryMidwife said...

Missy - remember now, you're not big, you're IN BLOOM.

Like a rose. Like a tulip. Like a beautiful cherry tree.

Yeah, like that :)

I vote we have a baby naming contest on here!

Heather Buckwalter said...

Miss - awesome blog. These are great pics of the crew. This entry about Kaden and the baby was powerful - you've got an awesome family. Keep up the great work. We love and miss you guys.

Mark