Party like a princess...

So times are a changing here in the King household. Almost 2 teens live here, and soon to be a bunch of pre-teens to follow. :) Trying to...

Friday, November 21, 2008

Calli is 6 weeks old already...

Yep...Calli is 6 weeks old already. Where does the time really go anyway? My days are very, very busy trying to be a good wife and mom mostly. My friendships are lacking a bit, for that I am sorry. I am finding that 4 children is quite a bit more "busy" then just 3. I question why sometimes, and haven't really come up with a good answer. I continue to run around a bit, with kids in tow, which helps me to realize what patience and a soft voice looks like. :) Matt asks me what I get done in a day, and sometimes I really have nothing to say...lots of diaper changes, plenty of cleaning up toys, and unloading and loading dishwashers, washers, and dryers, lots and lots of nursing, and burping, and of course cooking, and on some days even some cleaning and vacuming. (Some days). :) I really do love my life, and try to treasure this chaos. I know that our days are numbered and I was given this family for a great, great reason. My kids will not always be little, and I am learning it's okay to sit down and color, or "play mommy" or even play tackle football in the house. :)

And back to Calli...she is a very content baby. :) She is smiling now, and loves to be talked too. She is cooing, and making some fun sounds. She is nursing and growing well, and spits up a good bit too (as her big brother Kaden did when he was a baby too). She is sleeping anywhere from 6-8 hours a night, which is a super big treasure to me. :) I am thankful for her life...Mis.

2 comments:

Heather Buckwalter said...

I appreciated your comments today. I can defenitely identify and I am sure there is even more to let go of and more to learn when I have FOUR! I also enjoyed seeing a little glimpse of Calli in "person". Can't wait to see her in a month!

CountryMidwife said...

Too cute Miss! That girl has some hair! She looks soooo much like her big brother and sisters already! Love and hugs ---