Party like a princess...

So times are a changing here in the King household. Almost 2 teens live here, and soon to be a bunch of pre-teens to follow. :) Trying to...

Sunday, July 26, 2009

kate mcrae (con't)

This story continues to break my heart, and bring to my reality that things could change for me in an instant. Today. Tomorrow. Next week. One of my many goals as a mom is to both realize and understand that my children were given to me as a blessing from God and that they are not infinately mine, but His... I try to cherish the everyday of life, but continue to wonder at the plan of God.

Someone once told me that it's my job, as their mom, to start letting go and preparing my kids to leave home from the time they are very little. This has always intrigued me because I was the young college freshman who was 5 hours away from home and terribly homesick. I continue to be the one who didn't want to move 24 driving hours away from my family to Idaho, and often cry at the end of family vacation saying good-byes. I stink at good-byes. ...I am sure when I read one of the Family Systems books, I will see why I act the way I do, but for now... I am trying to teach my children to live without me (a teeny, tiny, little bit), so when the day comes, it will be okay for both of us. (I am speaking of Kaden going to Kindergarten, and Kaycee starting preschool in 6 weeks) :)

That being said, this family is dealing with something I pray and hope I never have too. So, I am trying not to take for granted each day...the good, the bad...and the ugly, because I see and I know that things could be vastly different for me in seconds.

Please check out the latest video on this little girl, Kate:

A Day in the Life of Kate

No comments: