Party like a princess...

So times are a changing here in the King household. Almost 2 teens live here, and soon to be a bunch of pre-teens to follow. :) Trying to...

Friday, February 24, 2017

I am BACK. and Kaycee turned 12.

Can't actually believe anyone would still be checking in here, but just in case.

My apologies.
Instagram is so much quicker.
I LOVE blogging.
But who am I kidding?
Life has gotton so busy.
It was always busy, but this is a different busy, an i am not home busy.
Which makes it hard to blog. 

Blah. Blah. Blah.

I will stop making excuses. :))

Where do I even start?


Okay. Well. Then I guess we will start back on December 30, 2016 when Kaycee turned 12.
This girl. Is somethin'.
I know I do not give her enough of my time and attention, mostly because she doesn't demand it.
And well....when you are one of five kids, if you are quiet and mind your business, you get lost in the shuffle.
I try to be intentional.
But it is so super hard.



Kaycee loves art.
She loves to paint. And color. And draw. And write.
She loves playing the flute.
She doesn't appreciate sports. Like at all.
She is kind of a pack rat. Keeps a lot of everything.
She is quiet. I have to really dig to find out about her. Her day. Her life. Her feelings.
It takes so much time. It's time well spent. But a lot of time.
She loves looking at my instagram. ;)
She still loves reading. She is super good at school.


Donut cake this year.
Mostly because why  not? :)


6th grade is figuring out some of who you are.
So far Kaycee is mostly sweatshirt/jeans/sneaks kind of girl.
No make up.
Lots of emotion. At the drop of a dime.
No girly-girl anything though.
She LOVES to braid her hair, and is getting so good at it.
She also loves to knit and crochet, and makes things out of nothing.
I call that a genius.
She doesn't follow patterns, or anything...just figures it out.
LOVE.


These 2 are 17 months apart.
I was wondering how these teen years are going to go for them.
So far. So good.
It's fun to watch them interact together.
So fun.


Oh Kaycee girl.
You are a treasure.
You see black and white always.
There is never any gray for you.
What a strength.
You are loved and appreciated so much.
Your quiet, gentle spirit is a gift.
Keep working hard. And being kind. And smiling.
God loves you and has great things in store for your life.

Much love, 
Mom.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Oh sweet post and tribute to your girl:) I was excited when I saw you posted because I check every now and again.

Dawnell said...

I'm glad you're back! :) What a nice post about Kaycee. I feel like I hardly know your kids these days (boooo for only seeing you guys about once a year) but after reading this post, it seems like Kaycee is a lot like I was at 12 years.