Party like a princess...

So times are a changing here in the King household. Almost 2 teens live here, and soon to be a bunch of pre-teens to follow. :) Trying to...

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Our mudroom RENOvation.

I had been looking for lockers for years.

Let me clarify.
I had seen plenty of lockers for sale over the years, but MY lockers:
a) had to be in pretty good condition, and had to:
b) be cheap. ;)

FINALLY...i got some lockers.
Thanks to some cousin chatter. (Thanks Chelsea ;))

I did "clear" the decision with Matt.
I even measured on my own.
Impressive people. :))

I painted them. Lots and lots of spray paint.
And then...

then...they sat. They sat in the driveway. They sat in the garage. and they sat some more.
You get the picture.

We finally had the discussion.
Matt had voted the basement, and I had voted the mudroom.

For anyone who has been in our mudroom...you realize, for them to go in there, we had to tear out a closet. No big deal, right?

Until your hubs does NOT want to touch the closet. Or the mudroom at all.
Insert panic. A bit of panic and regret.

I am kind of a middle child. I am a people pleaser. Probably one of the top reasons my husband picked me. ;) I am not aggressive. I am not usually confrontational. I can be quiet. I am an introvert...the last 2 could be debatable...but that is only because I married my husband, and have changed to be more like him. :)

To make a long story short...I didn't give up this time.
I did not take no for an answer.

And the demo started. Kaden, his friend, Kyle and Matt started tearing apart one afternoon, when I had NO IDEA it was going to happen THAT day. Talk about motivation. I was hosting a holiday party at the end of the week. Yikes.

Beginning to tear out the closet...

Closet is out. Now you notice, the drop ceiling needs to come out also. :))

Ceiling is out...found a gorgeous fun blue color underneath...which I decided not to touch. Matt is now working on hiding all the wiring...

The project turned into a MUCH bigger project than I anticipated. This room was mostly made up of paneling. It was at one time a porch, and then enclosed. (If only I could have a porch). ;))  So...the paneling was in awful shape anyway, so it started to get torn down, which revealed the original siding of the house...which i decided i LOVED. This picture shows some of the wiring getting hidden...

The flooring also had to be ripped out...I had gotton this light at a consignment shop a few months earlier, and could not WAIT to hang it. I asked an electrician friend to come over and wire it for me...DELIGHTED with how it looks.
And THANKS Brandon. You can also see I started painting awhile. The goal is a bright WHITE room.
I am not sure why I liked dark red so much, almost 10 years ago, when we moved here??


And THIS lovee's is the finished project.
i absolutely LOVE it!!
Sooooo glad i was persistent, and did not take no for an answer. :))

The chalkboard is actually covering a framed out window that had been there.
Needed to come up with something cute up there to cover that akward space.
What better then a chalkboard? :))

1 comment:

Shelby said...

That turned out Fantastic!!!! Love the colors. xxoxo