Party like a princess...

So times are a changing here in the King household. Almost 2 teens live here, and soon to be a bunch of pre-teens to follow. :) Trying to...

Monday, August 3, 2009

corn...

wellllll...i thought i had my mind made up that i was not going to do any corn this year because i still have a shelf full in my freezer from last year. however, this morning a family friend called, and said he could bring me 100 ears of corn...FOR FREE. now how in the world could i turn that down? i couldn't...so my father in law and dayton sat in my kitchen and cut off corn while i bagged...wasn't what i had planned for my day, but really...who could turn down free labor and free corn? :) got 22 fresh quart bags of corn in my freezer...

it was quite a mess until it was all said and done. but what a blessing...thanks guys. :)

2 comments:

Megan said...

Ummm...can I have some corn? My freezer doesn't have any, but I guess I didn't help huh???
Why didn't you ask me to come over and help???? I would have buzzed right down.
Praying for you!

Unknown said...

it really was last minute. he called, and it was there 20 minutes later. then i wanted to do it that evening...after i had the kids napping, kitchen cleaned up, etc. but they wanted to do it then, so that's when we did it. :) you may have as much as you want. :) mis.