Party like a princess...

So times are a changing here in the King household. Almost 2 teens live here, and soon to be a bunch of pre-teens to follow. :) Trying to...

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Weekend.

The Weekend...

Thursday at naptime Campbell started throwing up. Friday morning at 10:30 am, the speaker cancelled for my Ladies Retreat (@ no fault of hers, she was very, very sick). Through many phone calls and other events happening...at 5:00 pm it was confirmed that Anne Beiler (yes, that's Auntie Anne from Auntie Anne's soft pretzels) would be our speaker for the weekend. It was such a God thing, and we are so thankful we got to be a part of it. Her story is very powerful and she certainly brought down the house...in tears...but our theme was supposed to be "Come to the Water", so it was just a different form of water than we thought. :) It was a very powerful weekend, draining for me, but a very rich experience. For any of you who never heard her story, her newest book, Twist of Faith, would be great for you to read. Calli, was with me, and so many women helped hold her, etc. while I was doing devotions and such...thanks to my sound girl, Cathy, and my worship leader, Jen, and my main secretary, Ruth Ann...I would have been lost without all of you. So, to my precious husband Matthew. I was so nervous to leave my sick child behind, but it had appeared that she was doing better. She had only thrown up once before I left, and I was praying she would have a quick mend. Matt was very quick to send me on my way, and assured me he would check in. Little did I know during our check in's he wasn't being quite honest, but that was good, I guess in retrospect. If I would have know Campbell was not doing any better, I would have come home, and missed out on an awesome God filled weekend for me.

I came home Sunday at lunchtime to find him snuggled on the couch with a very sick Campbell, and a not so good looking Kaycee. (She started throwing up that afternoon after I got home). Kaden is looking great so far. :) So, thank you honey for taking such good care of our kids. It was so good for me to get away for a little bit...There was also a beautiful necklace and earrings here waiting for me when I got home that they went to pick out together (between throw up runs, I guess?) I love them! Thanks for being so great! and helping out so much lately. I love you. me.

So, the throwing up continues...they are trying to hook up our washer and dryer today permanently, and then I can start some painting in my brand new bathroom...it's sooo awesome. I will try to post some pictures later this afternoon between sick bouts between Campbell and Kaycee. :)

2 comments:

Angela Stoltzfus said...

Matt needs no "help" from Scott!! it sounds like he is racking up the "wonderful husband points!" =)
hoping that health is restored quickly in your home (& your washer/dryer too)
love you--

not your ordinary anything said...

Missy you are amazing! Reading this while I listened to that music made me so happy. I'm so encouraged by your life and what a great wife/mom/woman of God you are. Love, Chelsea