Party like a princess...

So times are a changing here in the King household. Almost 2 teens live here, and soon to be a bunch of pre-teens to follow. :) Trying to...

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

just some random thoughts.


so kaden and i had this discussion yesterday morning on the way to school. just very casual...but he mentioned how this other little boy said, "oh my God," and kaden and then another little boy had told him not to say that because it was a bad word...and the discussion went on and on. but my heart smiled.

you know sometimes my CHRISTIAN friends make me feel like i am not exercising good parental judgement in sending my children thru the public school system. i have a lot to say about that, and it's not really the time to do so...i wonder if they think that matt and i really turned out THAT bad, as we both graduated from the same public school that we are sending our children too....we know we made some poor choices...but doesn't everyone?

 hmm. anyway...in this little instance God used my little 6 year old to make me smile. again. and helped me realize again. it's all going to be okay.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."     Psalm 19:14

3 comments:

Kendra said...

Good for kaden for saying what was right! not always easy to do at any age! and as for public schools, I have lots of thoughts about that too! :) It is about what you teach your children at home no matter where they go to school! Christian schools have their problems too, they are the same kids dealing w/the same issues!
--kendra

Sarah said...

Hmm, I went to Christian school and we all know the trouble I got into!! Publics schools need little lights (such as Kaden) It can be a dark place but like Kendra said we need to give them the tools at home and church. God's wants to use our little people for his Kingdom. Not saying they won't make mistakes but we as parents we need to press in with more prayer and trust the Lord will guide their steps. PHEW this is too deep for me right now-I'm in CALIFORNIA!:)

Heather Buckwalter said...

We always seem to be tracking together! I had the same conversation with Moses last week about people at his school saying that!
Have a great day!
heather