Party like a princess...

So times are a changing here in the King household. Almost 2 teens live here, and soon to be a bunch of pre-teens to follow. :) Trying to...

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

matt's knee.

we had a great Christmas.
i hope to post pictures soon.

i got an early birthday present,
so i am playing with my *new* camera,
and have no idea how to get pics off of it yet. :)

spoke to our doctor this morning, and the results of Matt's MRI yesterday are not good.
he has a severely torn ACL, and partial tear to his meniscus,
and probably a bone fragment floating around as well. :(
(the family doc and myself, if i count, really did not think it was so severe...
we were thinking it was a medial ligament because
his knee is really not showing much laxity,
which usually appears with an ACL tear.)

so, i spent some time on the phone today,
and after maybe 5 phone calls got a consultation for this Friday...
it's not with a doc that was recommended, so i am not sure how i feel about that,
but being that this happened on the 17th, we are just thinking sooner is better than later.
i hope we don't regret that decision...

he has good days and bad.
he still does not walk real great, go figure, eigh? :)
thankful we went ahead with the MRI...

would love.love.love your thoughts and prayers as we go ahead with what is next....
chickens come again next week, so...
things should be interesting, anyway. :)

hope your Christmas was Merry and your New Year looking brighter
than the start of ours?  :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that Matt had an MRI but am sorry to hear the report. I will keep him and his doctor in my prayers. I will also remember you and the children too. If there is anything that I can help you with please let me know. I would like to return a favor in any way that I can. Please don't hesitate to ask ... and it will be given to you.
Love,
Emiley

Shelby said...

Oh no girl, I am sorry to hear Matt's report about his knee. Did they advise you to go to an Orthopedic doctor? Depending on how bad it is.... maybe they could use a knee immobilizer till things healed:( So sad girl, if you need anything, please let me know.

Will continue to pray for wisdom for the doctors and for you guys.
Shelby~

Angie Myer said...

That's disappointing to hear! :( I'll keep on praying for him (and for you!!). Paul said he'd be glad to help w/ the chickens if it would help at all.

Love,
Ang