Party like a princess...

So times are a changing here in the King household. Almost 2 teens live here, and soon to be a bunch of pre-teens to follow. :) Trying to...

Monday, February 21, 2011

Dear Abby...

My mother in law gave this to me for Valentine's Day. I thought it was worth sharing to my farming wife compadres. ;) I almost re-wrote a few things to make them a bit more "fitting" but decided I better just leave this as is...it's 'right on' enough...

DEAR ABBY: I'm a city girl who's attending college at Ames, Iowa. I've fallen in love with a young man whose father was a farmer, and he intends to follow in his father's footsteps.
     What are my chances for happiness as a farmer's wife? Do you have any statistics on this?  -IN LOVE WITH WALLY.

DEAR IN LOVE: No statistics, but love being what it is, statistics wouldn't help much anyway.
     A reader sent a charming piece. It may not be your bale of hay, but if it is, good luck to you and Wally:

     "I wanted a guy who could sit and have a cup of coffee with me at 5 a.m. when the only sounds to be heard are crickets, cows and creaking floor boards...That's why I married a farmer.
     "I wanted a guy who would crack a joke and make me laugh when I am covered with dirt and cow manure...That's why I married a farmer.
     "I wanted a guy who could get out of a nice warm bed when it is 30 below, start up the tractor and plow out the driveway so the school bus can get through...That's why I married a farmer. ( i think i could let this slide) ;)
     "I wanted a guy who could entertain four kids, a dog and a nerve-wracked wife when the power goes off, the pipes freeze and everything quits during a two-day blizzard...That's why I married a farmer.
     "I wanted a guy who could put up with in -laws, outlaws and new tax laws and still be open minded and openly loving...That's why I married a farmer.
     "I wanted a guy who could count his blessings when he's depressed, count his children ;) when he feels poor and count on God to make it all work out...That's why I married a farmer."

For those of you who don't really know my life story...i never really intended to marry a farmer. But then again...that's what i "mostly" hear. ;) The opportunity to take over matt's parents/brother's chicken farming operation kind of fell into our laps, un-expectantly and very, very quickly. i am very, very blessed to be called matt's chicken farming wife, and count my blessings i don't have to deal with a  dairy operation, (as that's the kind of farm i grew up on, having as little to do with it as humanly possible, but still hoping, that's not what i would have to 'endure' as a wife and mother. ;) )

Thanks moppy for the fresh perspective...