Party like a princess...

So times are a changing here in the King household. Almost 2 teens live here, and soon to be a bunch of pre-teens to follow. :) Trying to...

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

more. birthday.

so...a friend treated me and another january birthday holder friend to
prince street cafe
last night for coffee and dessert.
i don't get there near enough.
and it was fun to see the atmosphere.
it was packed. people playing games and all.
(that part i didn't get? why not play games in your cozy apartment?)
anyway, kim's latte arrived looking like this.
isn't it devine?



thanks rhonda for the delightful evening away and yummy treats.

*******************

and now onto my latest read quotes from one thousand gifts,
by ann voscamp.
there are a million and one highlighted, but this is one of my favorites...
which totally stirred my mind.

~let me preface by saying her little sister was killed in a tragic accident on
their home farm...and she saw it...the book starts there, and
ends in a much better place. from pg. 14...~

"in this toxic air of the world, this atmosphere we inhale,
burning into our lungs, this No, God?
No, God, we won't take what you give.
No, God, Your plans are a gutted, bleeding mess and I
didn't sign up for this and You really thought i'd go for this?
No, God, this is ugly and this is a mess and can't You get
anything right and just haul all this pain out of here
and I'll take it from here,
thanks.
And God?
Thanks for nothing."
Isn't this the human inheritance, the legacy of the Garden?

I believe the Serpent's hissing lie, the repeating refrain of his campaign
through the ages: God isn't good.
It's the cornerstone of his movement.
That God witholds good from His children, that God
does not genuinely, fully, love us.

Doubting God's goodness, distrusting His intent,
discontented with what He's given, we desire...
I have desired...more. the fullest life.

*************
so...i am finished the book. and there is a waiting list to borrow it. first, is my sister in law, and then, my sister, and then, it's up for grabs. it is really a thought provoking book...

No comments: