Party like a princess...

So times are a changing here in the King household. Almost 2 teens live here, and soon to be a bunch of pre-teens to follow. :) Trying to...

Thursday, October 21, 2010

you.can't.make.me

so...what did i take from the book
you can't make me [but i can be persuaded]
by cynthia ulrich tobias

God's servant must not be argumentative,
but a gentle listener and a teacher
who keeps cool, working firmly
but patiently with those who refuse to obey.
You never know how or when God might
sober them up with a change of heart
and a turning to the truth.

2 Timothy 2:24-25



A Last Word

Remember,

You Can't Make Me.

So don't:

*back me into a corner and leave me no choice,
* tell me what I will or will not do,
*insist that something can't be done,
*demand I obey without question.

But I Can Be Persuaded!

So do:

*value my ability to see the world from a unique perspective,
*find ways to inspire me to change the world,
*ask me for my input,
*recognize my uniqueness even if it bothers you.

a challenging perspective for me i would say...
but love to tuck things away as i try my best at mothering
these four kiddos...


No comments: